Most common fraud risk factors
At Certax we can provide businesses with support and advice in many important areas. Here are some of employee fraud warning signs to look out for.
Beware of the most common fraud risk factors for your business. These might include:
- Large amounts of cash in hand
- Small inventory with a high cash value
- Easily convertible assets (eg. tools, vehicles)
- Lack of separation of employee duties
- Employee awareness of future redundancies
- Disgruntled employees with access to significant assets
- Poor physical safeguards over cash and other assets
- Untimely and poorly organised documentation for transactions
- Lack of mandatory holiday for employees performing key control functions
- Missing or unexplained documents
- Inappropriate supervision - such as remote locations.
If you are looking for professional assistance from a team of accountants and business advisers, contact Certax.