Benefits of becoming an Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) member
- Support and assistance from an internationally recognised professional accountancy membership body solely focused on supporting members who own, run or work within a smaller accountancy practice and advise micro and small business entities.
- Relevant technical information, helplines and continuing professional development programmes for sole practitioners and smaller accounting practices.
- Network and learn from fellow members via IFA branch events.
- Enhanced recognition as the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) are full members of IFAC (International Federation of Accountants)
- Reputational improvement through the use of two sets of designatory letters – AFA and MIPA
- The option of AML supervision for IFA practising members due to the Institute of Financial Accountants being a supervisory body. (A practising certificate and AML supervision by the IFA has to be applied for and you must be a member firstly).
- Recognition by over 40 lenders, banks and building societies.
- Specific member benefits and privileges.
- Extensive website and digital platform with a breadth of relevant supporting information and content.
- Two memberships for the price of one – Institute of Financial Accountants & Institute of Public Accountants of Australia
Route to membership and an IFA practising certificate
To become an Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) member you must meet two criteria (both criteria must be met):
- The completion of the IFA education programme or the IFA recognising your prior learning of a commensurate standard/level
- Three years + UK relevant accounting work experience
To apply for membership, a practising certificate and AML supervision, one must complete an application form, provide all required evidence and pay all necessary fees.
The majority of new members are admitted at Associate Financial Accountant (AFA) grade. These members use the designations, AFA and MIPA.
If eligible for Fellow Financial Accountant grade, these members can use the designations, FFA and FIPA.
NB: to be eligible for FFA membership grade when applying, you must be a current fellow member of another full IFAC member body and be a member of good standing of that body.
To discuss IFA membership opportunities please contact Jonathan Barber either via email or telephone